Picture

I had an epiphany the other day. Out of nowhere, I realised I don’t need to put so much pressure on myself! Simple enough right?

Wrong! I regularly see quotes about this kind of stuff and have read other people’s blogs about it, but sometimes these little light bulbs have to be switched on from the inside. For some reason, we all do it in one way or another. For some it may be the pressure to constantly earn a certain amount or to always run a certain distance in a certain time. For others it may be to have certain labels in the wardrobe, have a spotless house or an amazing garden. For me it’s the self-pressure to be making ALL our food from scratch and making perfect food choices ALL the time. FFS, Leah, take a chill pill!

The moment of not-so-ground-breaking realisation came when I was beating myself up for giving up on making my homemade coconut yoghurt. See, some things I try in my kitchen, despite my love of cooking and utilisation of traditional methods, are just plain tedious and unrewarding. My coconut yoghurt was one of them.

So it got me thinking about what I need to put emphasis on and what I need to let go of a little. Of course, in a perfect world, I would have the time (and the inclination) to be in the kitchen all day, every day, making everything from organic locally grown produce that has been picked by Mother Nature’s own hands and then delivered to my home on a golden ray of sunshine. BUT, I have 3 kids, a husband, a business and a household to run, friends to see, places to go etc etc. And because of this, I’ve conceded that I need to pick my battles!

As I don’t do so well on dairy, I was keen to try a dairy yoghurt alternative. Add to that my desire to get more fermented foods into our diet and I came up with the big idea that I MUST start making my own coconut yoghurt and it will be fun, easy, nutritious and delicious -god dam it!

So when I finally got myself a starter culture and made my first batch I felt very proud of myself for a bit and then quickly quite down on myself when I realised I didn’t enjoy making it, the kids didn’t like and to be honest, it didn’t taste that great L...

In light of these things, you’d think it would be a no brainer to just say ’yep, I’m done with that’, but in wearing all my hats (such as modern-day woman, capable mother, wellness advocate and brilliant wife), instead I gave myself a hard time for it.

But not anymore! I’ve had my epiphany and I’m running with it. If from now on I buy Coyo, instead of slopping coconut cream all over my bench in the production process and then forcing my kids to “try the yummy yoghurt”, is the world going to end? Are we going to be any less healthy? I don’t think so. In fact, I’ll probably be healthier in the long run for the stress I’ve saved myself!

So I guess what I am trying to say is simply, when it comes to life, by all means have goals and push yourself to achieve them but don’t stress the small things and definitely pick your battles. Coconut yoghurt isn’t the path for me but on the other hand I’m really loving fermenting my own kombucha and veggies so I’ll stick with that for now. I don’t have to do EVERYTHING. I’m going to focus on what I enjoy and what I’m good at and try new things along the way but without the self-pressure to do it all or nail it all first go.

Comments

20/10/2015 11:36pm

Great piece. I think deep down we know all of this but have trouble applying it and being happy with the decision to do so. Ill be keeping this one handy to re read on a weekly basis I think! Xx

Jana
21/10/2015 10:57pm

PERFECT!!! So true for so many of us... thank you for sharing so beautifully!!! Mine lately has been bread and feeling pressure to make it all gluten free but hey if the kids have sourdough regularly....its not so bad. thank you again xoxo

21/01/2016 12:12pm

29/04/2016 6:38am

ncie

01/05/2016 5:59pm

The Moderns, on their side, saw human information and understanding as advancing since relic. They considered established fills in as outstanding in certain regards, additionally unrefined and needing revision and change. Over the span of these civil arguments human information, which beforehand had been viewed as an undifferentiated entire, was isolated into general classes.

25/08/2016 9:49pm

Awesome! This article really suits for everyone not only for us mothers. Thank you for sharing a heart-warming and motivational article. We really don't need to pressure ourselves on little things and let us just focus on what makes us happy. Do whatever your passion is. Life is too short to stress yourself out. Keep on achieving your goal wholeheartedly and learn how to accept things easily. Always keep it simple and don't complicate things too much.

09/12/2016 12:20am

While the measure of understudy obligation has toppled over the 41 trillion stamp, many post-graduate borrowers are thinking that its more than hard to procure profitable business that will bolster their instructive obligation also their month to month costs.

11/12/2016 11:35pm

Luckily, you can benefit of different alternatives through which you can address your understudy advance obligations: re-financing, private understudy credit obligation union, and government advance obligation combination. With this article, we will control you through a couple key systems to help you defeat your school advance obligations.

12/12/2016 5:15am

You will take out the government credits that are accessible as they offer preferred terms over most private advances. At that point the preferred standpoint would be that there are a wide range of private advances to look over with a wide range of moneylenders too.

17/12/2016 7:31am

This might be a situation where tolerance might be more than only an ideals. In the event that you are starting your senior year it would be truly insightful begin searching for understudy credit combination openings.

18/12/2016 3:41am

On the off chance that you are a graduate hoping to merge your understudy advance, there are numerous pitfalls to achievement in case you're not watchful. Here are five fast tips that understudies have used to effectively solidify their understudy advances with at least object and bother.

23/12/2016 5:50pm

Understudy credits can originate from private loan specialists, universities or the government. Government advances are frequently ensured, which implies no guarantee is expected to get the advance.

23/05/2017 11:38am

I can't get the main idea, but it's really helpful for additional information.

I'm so amazed together with you that will make your blog like this to be really great so we truly wanted to have a nice and interesting blogs such as this.

21/06/2017 1:13pm

When I saw this web, it's really different than the other. Great Job!

04/07/2017 5:35pm

A blog need to be related to the person in need. it is simply imperative to realize the real sense of such need and the substance of intention in the back of it. writer have to deliver legitimate time to look each subject before composing it.

13/07/2017 5:42am

Best Quickbooks Support Number, Quickbooks Help, Quickbooks Support, Quickbooks Support Number, Quickbooks Support Phone Number, Quickbooks Tech Support Number, Quickbooks Tech Support Phone Number, Quickbooks Technical Support Number, Quickbooks Technical Support Phone Number, Quickbooks Customer Support Number, More info visit :- www.quickbooksaccountingsolution.com

13/07/2017 5:45am

Best Quicken Support Number, Quicken Help, Quicken Support, Quicken Support Number, Quicken Support Phone Number, Quicken Tech Support Number, Quicken Tech Support Phone Number, Quicken Technical Support Number, Quicken Technical Support Phone Number, Quicken Customer Support Number, More info visit :- www.quickenaccountingsolution.com

13/07/2017 5:49am

Best Sage Support Number, Sage Help, Sage Support, Sage Support Number, Sage Support Phone Number, Sage Tech Support Number, Sage Tech Support Phone Number, Sage Technical Support Number, Sage Technical Support Phone Number, Sage Customer Support Number, More info visit :- www.sageaccountingsolution.com

This weblog is sincerely beneficial to skip on revived enlightening endeavors over net which is sincerely appraisable. i discovered one viable instance of this reality thru this weblog. i'm able to use such facts now.

25/07/2017 2:02am

This isn't always compulsory which you select out exceptional a constrained region like college or university or your vicinity to extend your writing art work. You need to head browsing to unfold your abilties to masses of recent dad and mom which may be without a doubt in need of such kind of ability.

01/08/2017 9:00pm

Useful information lot of new thing getting a full of chance and make it easy to understand.

28/08/2017 12:04am

Running any organization is like trying to plug holes in a bucket full of water. It seems that new holes appear just when you get the biggest ones closed.

11/09/2017 1:59am

Visit Pari island, The blue sea, white sands and coral reefs, diving also.

22/09/2017 3:45am

Here, you can learn as well as friends. Come join us. Here, you can learn as well as friends. Come join us. We have a smart learning program.

28/09/2017 9:08pm

The Starling birds can be found in Indonesia, among others, Starling Suren or Uren, Black Starling birds, White Starling birds or Jalak Bodas, Starling Nias or Purple Scrambles, Starling Birds or Hong Kong Starling,at least have six types of starling birds. .

30/09/2017 11:09pm

This bird has a kind of variant one of them as in the picture but the best is the type of the color of the fur is gray. In West Java this bird is found to an altitude of 800 m.dpl but now the population is considered extinct with no evidence ever seen again in the swamp it was in because of poaching.

14/10/2017 2:14pm

thanks you gan

19/10/2017 4:15am

This island is designed purely as a tourist destination, the facilities are here can be spelled out most complete. Some of these facilities include cottages, restaurant, bar, swimming pool, meeting room, watersport, tennis court and dive shop.

25/10/2017 4:45am

Car charges are billed at time of rental. Certain conditional charges may apply to your rental. When returning the rented vehicle, compare its condition to the state it was in upon rental and protect yourself against false claims and wrongful billing.

30/10/2017 10:10pm

We provide a better solution for your home. Detailed Design of Home Design Services for all types. We have entered the detail, character of the house into a design that reflects how we live today in modern times.

04/11/2017 3:09am

Brand embraces territorial principles, which means that brand protection applies only in the country where the patent application is filed and granted. To obtain brand protection in the jurisdiction of Indonesia, the inventor must apply for a mark in Indonesia.

04/11/2017 4:26am

Statement of Right, which is a statement of the Applicant that he does have the right to apply for the renewal of the mark and shall continue to use an extended mark in the trade in goods or services for which the mark is registered.

08/11/2017 2:16pm

This service is known as the shuttle, which is a shuttle service intended for companies in the area of ​​shuttle employees to and from work, corporate guests or hotels that serve a shuttle from and to the airport.

10/11/2017 1:43pm

Arsenal beat Chelsea to win the 2017 FA Cup final. Rio Ferdinand expressed regret over United's FA Cup defeat in 2009 at Manchester United is not urging Sir Alex Ferguson to play his strongest team in the 2009 FA Cup semi-final.

12/11/2017 3:27am

You can specify one color on the wall of the house. Next on the side of the ceiling, give it a touch of other colors. You should choose different colors on each side of the inside of the house. You can also choose a contrasting color that is synonymous with other color variants.

14/11/2017 12:03am

You can set some icons inside the house as a light control medium that enters inside your home. For example, windows, doors, ventilation, air holes, and so forth.

23/11/2017 11:57pm

We use natural and safe technique that is Whitehat seo, standard from Google. Here is a professional seo service that optimizes your Website on page 1 of Google Search Engine.

25/11/2017 9:04pm

When you do not have time to take care of the website, using seo services will help you to promote and keep your site pagerank.

28/11/2017 12:51pm